ALERT: This page is under current revision. Information and links will not all be complete. Thank you for your patience.
Available Through These Brands:
- Files should be supplied in PDF/X1a (press ready) format
- Include/embed all fonts and artwork.
- Density of 300 PPI required for all images.
- All RGB or Pantone elements must be converted to CMYK.
- Limit file name to 24 characters including the extensions.
- Files must be single pages or spreads, no multipage files.
- Do not nest PDF files in other PDFs, EPS files in other EPSs.
- Do not use illegal characters in file names.
Files that do not meet the above requirements may not produce the desired outcome of the creator. Malcolm Media assumes no responsibility for color shifts or other outcomes not intended by the creator of the advertising.
- Ads should be built at 100% trim size.
- Bleed ads, extend bleed to 1/8″ beyond trim on all sides.
- Keep live matter 1/4″ inside trim dimensions on all sides.
- Printer marks should be offset .167″ when creating PDF-X1a files. Marks are not to touch live image or bleed areas.
- Spread Ads: Keep live matter 1/4″ away from either side of center or 1/2″ total across the gutter.
- Alert Designers: For spread ads with a headline/creative crossing the
gutter, contact firstname.lastname@example.org if the visual spacing between words or letters is critical.
- For ads not supplied in time to make the production deadline, Malcolm Media reserves the right to use the latest version we have on file and invoice the client fo the contracted ads.
- Malcolm Media makes no changes to any ad as supplied from the agency or advertiser, as it might have an unintended outcome that Malcolm Media would be responsible for. Ads will be run as received unless changes are requested in documented form.
- Malcolm Media reserves the right to refuse advertising if copy or artwork is not in keeping with the publisher’s standards.
- Advertisers and agencies assume liability for all content of advertisements printed and assume responsibility for any claims arising therefrom made against the publisher.
- Advertising simulating editorial is subject to approval and will be marked “Advertisement.”